As our shopping experiences are slowly shifting from offline stores to online retailers, payment platforms and the payment gateway industry is also evolving to keep up with the emerging trends. A mobile wallet is a comparatively new concept in the country that is steadily replacing traditional payment methods. A prepaid digital wallet offers the convenience of making quick, cashless and seamless payments on e-commerce platforms. Here’s a look at some of the most trustworthy prepaid digital wallets in the country.
- Amazon Pay: Launched in 2007 globally, Amazon Pay is an online payment processing service that uses the consumer base of amazon.com. Currently, available in over 18 countries, this service enables users to pay directly with their Amazon accounts on other merchant websites. Amazon Pay was introduced in India in 2017.
- IRCTC iMudra: Like the other digital wallets in India, IRCTC iMudra is a very safe and reliable way to transfer money to friends on iMudra or shop for goods online as well as offline. The app can be easily accessed from a mobile phone, tablet or desktop and across any platform. A great benefit for IRCTC iMudra users is that they can book railway tickets instantly without the hassle of payment approval cycles and also save payment gateway charges by a flat booking fee of just Rs. 10 + GST. Another feature that makes IRCTC iMudra one of the best digital wallets in India is that the digital wallet comes with a digital and physical card powered by VISA. So, it is like a mastercard/Rupay digital wallet that takes care of all your digital needs from online shopping to bill payments. This service was launched by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation in 2019 with an aim to open a world of opportunities for users and empower them with the true power of going cashless on every transaction.
- Google Pay: Despite being a late entrant in the digital world, Google Pay has managed to scale up its user base in a short span of time. Formerly known as Tez, this prepaid digital wallet gets linked directly to the user’s bank account. So, one can avoid the hassle of loading the wallet regularly and even do away with the additional KYC verification. Users can send money to their contacts as well as pay bills online through this app.
- PayTM: One of the largest mobile commerce platforms in the country, PayTM is a prepaid digital wallet where users can store money and make quick payments online. Even though PayTMwas launched in 2010, it attained immense popularity only after digital awareness came to India and people started trusting such mobile wallet apps.
- PhonePe: Started in 2015, PhonePe was the first payment app that was built on unified payments interface (UPI). Available in 11 different languages, it enables users to shop online and offline, pay utility bills as well as send or receive money.
With more and more prepaid digital wallets emerging in the country, the choice to pick a reliable app is ultimately yours. But with the changing landscape, having at least one of these apps has become a necessity. Whether for bill payments or money transfers, prepaid digital wallets offer a much easier and convenient way for financial transactions. And a wallet app like IRCTC iMudra also offers users a hoard of offers and benefits on successful transactions with select merchants. To know more about exciting offers on IRCTC iMudra, download the app from Play Store or Apple Store today!